Stanley Black & Decker have an exciting opportunity to join the fast paced Auckland Distribution Centre team as an Inventory Supervisor. The position supervises the Inventory Team and provides operational support through inventory management controls, increasing accuracy and improving efficiencies whilst maintaining data integrity.
Joining Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Our brand portfolio includes Dewalt, Stanley, Black & Decker, Irwin Tools, Sidchrome, Powers Fasteners and more.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of:
- Courage & Innovation – We’re bold to break the mould
- Agility & Performance – We cut through challenges
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – We join forces for sustainability
- Integrity & Accountability – We are reliable to the core
The people of Stanley Black & Decker share distinct values, in a diverse, high performance culture that unifies us across our global enterprise. Wherever you go, whatever business you find yourself in, you will encounter an uncompromised devotion to excellence, innovation, customer satisfaction and doing good in the world.
About the role…
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supervise all inventory tasks including; cycle counting, product slotting, stock consolidation, replenishments, receipt of stock, reconciliation, reporting, WMS logic, data integrity of SKUs.
- Monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- Determining, implementing and monitoring storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- Preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- Liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outward goods and associated forwarding transportation
- Assist in the management of the annual stock take process.
- Ensure inventory adjustments are investigated and carried out in a timely manner.
- Look to further improve DC Systems process and provide IT with solutions that will achieve these efficiencies.
- Work closely with DC staff to identify any issues and ensure all necessary inventory control disciplines are strictly adhered to.
- WMS Super User.
- Maintain the Pallet accounts ensuring all pallets are accounted for
- Lead the inventory team to create a high-performance team
- Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
You will have:
- Extensive computer skills including expert Excel user
- Tertiary qualifications in business or logistics with a proven ability in inventory management.
- Experience in a similar size distribution centre environment
- Ability to investigate issues/errors to find a root cause, and the willingness to seek continual improvements.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong literacy, mathematical and analytical skills
- Problem solving abilities, flexible and adapt to new ways of working.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including the Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Qualities – Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Speed, Stretch, Vision and Boundaryless
What you’ll get in return…
- Work within an inclusive, vibrant work environment and team
- Great staff discounts
- Continuous learning opportunities
This is a great opportunity to come and join our team. If you think this sounds like the next role for you, please apply!